Preparation of 1-(4-nitrophenyl)-2-formylpyrrole from furfural
- 46 Downloads
The products of the condensation of furfural with p-nitroaniline in an acidic medium in various solvents were investigated. It was established that the well-known method gives 1-(4-nitrophenyl)-2-formylpyrrole in no higher than 55% yield and 2,3-bis(4-nitrophenylamino)-2-formylpyrrole in 27% yield. A method based on a previously described method is recommended (the products are obtained in up to 72% yields).
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Acidic Medium Furfural Formylpyrrole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Lüpke, “Uber die Bildung von Pyrrol- und Pyridin-Derivaten aus Furfurol,” Dissertation, Berlin (1939), p. 39.Google Scholar
- 2.Organic Syntheses [Russian translation], Collective Vol. 1, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1950), p. 120.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Petit and R. Pallaud, Compt. Rend., 258, 230 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.K. G. Lewis and C. R. Malqiney, Tetrahedron, 33, 463 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Barvinok and V. S. Kuprin, Z h. Obshch. Khim., 31, 632 (1961).Google Scholar