Synthesis of pyridine and quinoline derivatives of ferrocene from β-chloro-β-ferrocenylacrolein
- 55 Downloads
2-Ferrocenylquinolines that contain a hydroxy or methoxy group in the 7 position were obtained by the reaction of β-chloro-β-ferrocenylacrolein with m-anisidine and with m-aminophenol. The introduction of aniline in this reaction leads to the formation of β-ferrocenyl-β-phenylaminoacrolein anil hydrochloride, which cannot be converted to 2-ferrocenylquinoline. 2,3,6-Trisubstituted pyridines that contain a ferrocenyl substituent in the 6 position were obtained by condensation of β-chloro-β-ferrocenylacrolein with β-dicarbonyl compounds.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Pyridine Hydrochloride Aniline Methoxy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Teufel, Chem. Ztg., 98, 606 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.K. Schlogl and W. Steyrer, Monatsh. Chem., 96, 1520 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.G. N. Dorofeenko, V. V. Krasnikov, and A. I. Pyshchev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 599 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. F. Gagon, Chem. Commun., No. 20, 1043 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Gordon and M. Ford, The Chemist's Companion, Wiley (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Weis, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 74, 200 (1952).Google Scholar
- 7.M. C. G. Barrio, J. R. Barrio, G. Wolker, A. Novelli, and N. J. Leonard, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 95, 4891 (1973).Google Scholar