Sigmatropic rearrangements of alkenyl benzofuryl and benzothienyl sulfides
- 52 Downloads
The thio Claisen rearrangement of 2-butenyl 2-benzofuryl sulfide, cyclopenten-2-yl 2-benzofuryl sulfide, 2-butenyl 2-benzothienyl sulfide, and cyclopenten-2-yl 2-benzothienyl sulfide was investigated. The rates, energies and entropies of activation of the process were calculated, and the effect of the structure of the sulfide, the polarity of the solvent, and the temperature was demonstrated by comparison of these values. The 1,3-thioallyl rearrangement of 1-methylallyl 3-methyl-2-benzothienyl sulfide was studied, and it was shown that this reaction competes with the thio Claisen rearrangement.
KeywordsEntropy Sulfide Organic Chemistry Thio Sigmatropic Rearrangement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Anisimov, V. F. Ionova, V. K. Govorek, V. S. Babaitsev, and E. A. Viktorova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 244. 362 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Anisimov, V. F. Ionova, V. S. Babaitsev, V. K. Govorek, and E. A. Viktorova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1062 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Makisumi and T. Sasatani, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 24, 1975 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Kwart and N. A. Johnson, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 99, 3441 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Kwart and N. A. Johnson, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 92, 6064 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Anisimov, V. S. Babaitsev, S. Ya. Grobovenko, T. A. Danilova, and E. A. Viktorova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 615 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Anisimov, V. S. Babaitsev, and E. A. Viktorova, Zh. Org. Khim., 17, No. 6, 1316 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. L. Gol'dfarb, M. A. Kalik, and M. A. Kirmalova, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 29, 2034 (1959).Google Scholar