Linkage of Pep-2 and Apk on mouse chromosome 10
An ethylnitrosourea (ENU)-induced electrophoretic variant of mouse PEP-2, a tripeptidase, has been used to determine the location of the structural gene on chromosome 10. Gene order and recombination frequencies were estimated as Apk-21.8±3.9%-Pep-2-3.7±2.1%-Sl. Methods for rapid determination of Apk and Pep-2 alleles by cellulose acetate electorphoresis and a valuable linkage testing stock carrying the unique Apkm and Pep-2b alleles are described.
Key wordsmouse peptidase-2 acid phosphatase linkage chromosome 10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beechey, C. V., and Searle, A. G. (1976). Mouse News Lett. 5515.Google Scholar
- Chapman, V. M., Ruddle, F. H., and Roderick, T. H. (1971). Linkage of isozyme loci in the mouse: phosphoglucomutase-2 (Pgm-2), mitochondrial NADP malate dehydrogenase (Mod-2), and dipeptidase-1 (Dip-1). Biochem. Genet. 5101.Google Scholar
- Falconer, D. S. (1956). Mouse News Lett. 1413.Google Scholar
- Francke, U., Lalley, P. A., Moss, W., Ivy, J., and Minna, J. D. (1977). Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: Assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 1957.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F. M., and Lewis, S. E. (1981). Electrophoretically detected germinal mutations induced in the mouse by ethylnitrosourea. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 783138.Google Scholar
- Lalley, P. A., Francke, U., and Minna, J. D. (1978a). Comparative gene mapping in man and mouse: Assignment of the genes for lactate dehydrogenase-A, peptidase-D, and isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 to mouse chromosome 7. Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 22577.Google Scholar
- Lalley, P. A., Minna, J. D., and Francke, U. (1978b). Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and man. Nature 274160.Google Scholar
- Lewis, S. E., and Johnson, F. M. (1983). Dominant and recessive effects of electrophoretically detected specific locus mutations. In de Seeres, F. S., and Sheridan, W. (eds.), Utilization Of Mammalian Specific Locus Studies In Hazard Evaluation And Estimation Of Genetic Risk Plenum, New York, p. 267.Google Scholar
- Lewis, W. H. P., and Truslove, G. M. (1969). Electrophoretic heterogeneity of mouse crythrocyte peptidases. Biochem. Genet. 3493.Google Scholar
- Peters, J., Povey, S., Jeremiah, S., and DeGiorgi, L. (1983). Linkage relationships of peptidase-7, Pep 7, in the mouse. Biochem. Genet. 21801.Google Scholar
- Skow, L. C. (1981). Genetic variation for prolidase (PEP-4) in the mouse maps near the gene for glucosephosphate isomerase (GPI-1) on chromosome 7. Biochem. Genet. 19695.Google Scholar
- Womack, J. E., and Auerbach, S. B. (1978). An acid phosphatase locus expressed in mouse kidney (Apk) and its genetic location on chromosome 10. Biochem. Genet. 16239.Google Scholar