Synthesis of cis-1-methyl-2-aryl-3-aroylaziridines
trans-1-Methyl-2-aryl-3-aroylaziridines readily undergo epimerization to give the corresponding cis isomers in high yields in the presence of catalytic amounts of quaternary ammonium bases (trimethylbenzylammonium or triethylmethylammonium hydroxide). The structures of the compounds obtained were established on the basis of the IR and PMR spectra and the results of elementary analysis.
KeywordsAmmonium Hydroxide Organic Chemistry Quaternary Ammonium Catalytic Amount
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. L. Southwick and W. L. Walsh, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 77, 405 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.I. G. Tishchenko, O. N. Bubel', V. A. Konovalov, and N. M. Fedoseeva, Vestn. Beloruss. Gos. Univ., Ser. 2, 27 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Lutz and A. B. Turner, J. Org. Chem., 33, 516 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Tarburton, A. Chung, R. C. Badger, and N. H. Cromwell, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 13, 295 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Klopman, Chemical Reactivity and Reaction Paths, New York (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Fieser and M. Fieser, Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Vol. 3, Wiley, New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.P. A. Gembitskii, D. S. Zhuk, and V. A. Kargin, The Chemistry of Ethyleneimine [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966), p. 51.Google Scholar
- 8.N. H. Cromwell, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 14, No. 7, 203 (1977).Google Scholar