ACTH radioimmunocytochemistry (RICH) on rat anterior pituitary cells
- 16 Downloads
Radioimmunocytochemistry (RICH) was applied to detect corticotrophs in adult rat pituitaries and 8-day-old anterior pituitary monolayers by incubating sections and cultures with 125I-ACTH-anti ACTH immune complexes. After incubations autoradiography was made. In comparison, “conventional” immunostaining was carried out on adjacent sections and parallel cultures. It has been esteblished that RICH is suitable for detection of corticotrophs.
KeywordsPublic Health Immune Complex Anterior Pituitary Pituitary Cell Adjacent Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bácsy, E., Tougard, C., Tixier-Vidal, A., Marton, J., Stark, E.: Corticotroph cells in primary cultures of rat adenohypophysis: A light and electron microscopic immuno-cytochemical study. Histochemistry 50, 161–174 (1976)Google Scholar
- Gyévai, Angéla, Kárteszi, M.: Light and electron immuncytochemical detection of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) receptors by an ACTH-anti-ACTH complex in rat adrenal cell cultures. J. Cell Biol. 70, 74a (1976)Google Scholar
- Kawaoi, A., Okano, T., Kubagawa, H., Uchida, T.: An attempt on morphological detection of ACTH receptor of the adrenal cortex. Characteristics of ACTH-anti-ACTH immune complex binding with the rat adrenal cortex. Acta Histochem. Cytochem. (Jap.) 8, 177–185 (1975)Google Scholar
- Larsson, L.-J., Schwartz, T.W.: Radioimmunocytochemistry—A novel immunocytochemical principle. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 25, 1140–1146 (1977)Google Scholar
- Morris, B.J.: Specific radioactivity of radioimmunoassay tracer determined by self-displacement: A re-evaluation. Clin. Chim. Acta 73, 213–216 (1976)Google Scholar
- Nakane, P.K.: Classification of anterior pituitary cell types with immunoenzyme histochemistry. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 18, 9–20 (1970)Google Scholar
- Rappay, Gy., Gyévai, A., Kondics, L.,Stark, E.: Growth and fine structure of monolayers derived from adult rat adenohypophyseal cell suspensions. In Vitro 8, 301–306 (1973)Google Scholar
- Rees, L.H., Cook, D.M., Kendall, J.W., Allen, C.F., Kramer, R.M., Ratcliffe, J.G., Knight, R.A.: A radioimmunoassay for rat plasma ACTH. Endocrinology, 89, 245–261 (1971)Google Scholar
- Stefanini, M., De Martino, C., Zamboni, L.: Fixation of ejaculated spermatozoa for electron microscopy. Nature 216, 173–174 (1967)Google Scholar
- Van Rooijen, N., Streefkerk, J.G.: Autoradiography and immunohistoperoxidase techniques applied to the same tissue section. J. Immunol. Methods 10, 379–383 (1976)Google Scholar