The use of an inexpensive, general purpose microcomputer in quantitative cytochemistry
- 17 Downloads
A 32 K Commodore Pet microcomputer has been interfaced with two Vickers microdensitometers. This system allows for the simultaneous logging of data from two densitometers being operated independently of each other. Software for the statistical analysis of data generated by the densitometers, and for use with the cytochemical bioassay of hormones, is described. The densitometer/Pet system is relatively cheap, reliable, and readily adaptable to other applications.
KeywordsPublic Health General Purpose Cytochemical Bioassay Purpose Microcomputer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Altman FP (1976) The quantification of formazans in tissue sections by microdensitometry. Histochem J 8:373–381Google Scholar
- Altman FP, Fernley MN, Stoveld RFB (1979) The use of a calculator interfaced with the Vickers microdensitometer. Histochem J 11:625Google Scholar
- Daly JR (1978) Bioassay. In: Alberti KGMM (ed) Recent advances in clinical biochemistry. Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh, pp 129–152Google Scholar
- Henderson B (1979) Quantitative dehydrogenase cytochemistry in the study of cellular metabolism with special reference to rheumatoid arthritis. In: Pattison JR, Bitensky L, Chayen J (eds) Quantitative cytochemistry and its applications. Academic Press, London, pp 83–98Google Scholar
- Pattison JR, Bitensky L, Chayen J (eds) (1979) Quantitative cytochemistry and its applications. Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Rasch EM, Rasch RW (1979) Applications of microcomputer technology to cytophotometry. J Histochem Cytochem 27:1384–1387Google Scholar
- Robertson WR (1979) A quantitative cytochemical method for demonstration of Δ5, 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in unfixed tissue sections of rat ovary. Histochemistry 59:271–285Google Scholar
- Robertson WR (1980) A quantitative study of N-acetyl-β-glucosaminidase activity in unfixed tissue sections of the guinea-pig thyroid gland. Histochem J 12:87–96Google Scholar
- Smith MT, Loveridge N, Wills ED, Chayen J (1979) The distribution of glutathione in the rat liver lobule. Biochem J 182:103–108Google Scholar
- Smith MT, Darmon J, Wills ED, Dondi PG (1979) Rapid data analysis in quantitative cytochemistry. Histochem J 11:370–371Google Scholar