Some transformations of α,ω-bis(1,3-thiazan-2-thion-4-on-3-yl)alkanes
The reaction of α,ω-bis(1,3-thiazan-2-thion-4-on-3-yl)alkanes with hydrazine gives the corresponding α,ω-di(4-thiosemicarbazido)alkanes, which are readily acylated. Subsequent dehydration of the acylation products gives the corresponding 5,5′-dialkyl-α,ω-bis(2,3-dihydro-1,2,4-triazole-3-thion-4-yl)alkanes, which are converted to 5,5′-dialkyl- α, ω-bis (1,2,4-triazol4-yl)alkanes by known methods. The UV and ER spectral data are presented.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Dehydration Alkane Hydrazine Spectral Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. A. Vlasova, E. M. Shamaeva, G. B. Afanas'eva, and I. Ya. Postovskii, Khim. Farm. Z., 8, 25 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Mir, M. T. Siddiqui, and A. Comria, Tetrahedron, 26, 235 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.H. L. Yale and J. J. Plata, J. Med. Chem., 9, 42 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Sueling, H. Logemann, and E. Roos, West German Patent No. 1494018 (1970); Chem. Abstr., 74, 13839 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Noboru, T. Senji, T. Hirokaro, and K. Norio, West German Patent No. 2040801 (1971); Chem. Abstr., 74, 149248 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.Elderfield (editor), Heterocyclic Compounds, Vol. 7, Wiley (1965), p. 325.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Turkevich and B. S. Zimenkovskii, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 180603 (1966); Byul. Izobr., No. 8, 23 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.B. S. Zimenkovskii, Zh. Org. Khim. Collection: Problems in the Preparation of the Intermediates of the Organic Synthesis Industry (1967), p. 24.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Ya. Kazakov and I. Ya. Postovskii, Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 4, 238 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.C. N. R. Rao and R. Venkataraghavan, Spectrochim. Acta, 18, 541 (1962).Google Scholar