Synthesis of o- and p-hydroxyacetophenones and 2-methyl-4,6-diarylpyrylium and 2-aryl-4-methyl-benzopyrylium salts by acetylation of some phenols
- 90 Downloads
Acylatton of phenols with acetic anhydride in the presence of 70% perchloric acid results in the synthesis of hydroxyaryl methyl ketones and substituted benzopyrylium salts.
KeywordsMethyl Acetic Phenol Organic Chemistry Ketone
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. Diels and K. Alder, Ber., 60, 716 (1927).Google Scholar
- 2.G. N. Dorofeenko and S. V. Krivun, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 29, 1058 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.A. T. Balaban, W. Schroth, and G. Fischer, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem., 10, 310 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Dorofeenko, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 31, 994 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Mezheritskii and G. N. Dorofeenko, Zh. Organ. Khim., 5, 515 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Reynolds, J. A. Van Allan, and D. Daniel, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 7, 1395 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules, 2nd ed., Methuen (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. Zhdanov, G. N. Dorofeenko, and S. V. Zelenskaya, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 36 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.A. T. Balaban, G. D. Mateescu, and M. Elian, Tetrahedron, 18, 1053 (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.Dictionary of Organic Compounds, Vols. 1–3 [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1949).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1975