Reaction of Β-arylacrylyloxiranes with amidines
- 25 Downloads
Mixtures of stereoisomers of oxiranylhydroxytetrahydropyrimidines were obtained by cyclocondensation of Β-arylacrylyloxiranes with acetamidines or benzamidines; the 2-aryl derivatives of the products give the corresponding dihydropyrimidines and pyrimidines under base-catalysis conditions. In acetic acid dehydration and oxidation are accompanied by opening of the epoxide ring.
KeywordsOxidation Acetic Acetic Acid Organic Chemistry Dehydration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. K. Robev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1587 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Cho, K. Shima, Y. Ohnaka, A. Mizuno, and Y. Takeuchi, J. Org. Chem. 50, 4227 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Cho, M. Ueda, K. Shima, A. Misuno, M. Hayashimatsu, Y. Ohnaka, and Y. Takeuchi, Heterocycles 24, 233 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Weis and V. P. Mamaev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 674 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Weis, V. M. Shirina, and V. P. Mamaeva, Izv. Sibirsk. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk, No. 14, 144 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.A. L. Weis, Synthesis, No. 5, 528 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Weis, Z. Porat, and Z. Luz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 106, 8021 (1984).Google Scholar