Synthesis of vinyl ethers of furfurylideneaminophenols
- 26 Downloads
The reaction of furfural and its homologs with vinyl and ethyl ethers of o-, m-, and p-aminophenols at room temperature without the addition of any catalyst whatever leads to the amine-aldehyde condensation with the formation of the corresponding ethers of furfurylidene-aminophenols. The structure of the latter has been shown by hydrolysis, hydrogenation, and independent synthesis.
KeywordsHydrogenation Ether Hydrolysis Ethyl Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Ehrhardt, Ber., 30, 2014, 1897.Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Isagulyants and G. M. Egorova, The Chemistry of Petroleum [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat, 1949.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Schiff, Lieb. Ann., 201, 355, 1880.Google Scholar
- 4.W. König, J. pr. Chem., (2) 88, 193, 1913.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Stenhouse, Lieb. Ann., 156, 197, 1870.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Schiff, Lieb. Ann., 239, 349, 1887.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Nakanishi, Infrared Spectra. Practical [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, p. 45, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.Khorana, Chem. Rev., 53, 145, 1953.Google Scholar
- 9.M. F. Shostakovskii, G. G. Skvortsova, and M. Ya. Samoilova, ZhOKh, 31, 3226, 1961.Google Scholar
- 10.V. J. Fraynelis, J. J. Miskel, and J. R. Sowa, J. Org. Chem., 22, 1269, 1957.Google Scholar