Monoamine oxidase activity reduced in cultured human fetal cells deficient in hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- 16 Downloads
KeywordsMonoamine Oxidase Activity Monoamine Oxidase Fetal Cell Monoamine Oxidase Activity
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Breakefield, X. O., Castiglione, C. M., and Edelstein, S. B. (1976). Monoamine oxidase activity decreased in cells lacking hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase activity. Science 1921018.Google Scholar
- Fujimoto, W. Y., and Seegmiller, J. E. (1970). Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency: Activity in normal, mutant, and heterozygote-cultured human skin fibroblasts. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 65577.Google Scholar
- Lesch, M., and Nyhan, W. L. (1964). A familial disorder of uric acid metabolism and central nervous system function. Am. J. Med. 36561.Google Scholar
- Roth, J. A., Breakefield, X. O., and Castiglione, C. M. (1976). Monoamine oxidase and catechol-O-methyltransferase activities in cultured human skin fibroblasts. Life Sci. 191705.Google Scholar
- Seegmiller, J. E., Rosenbloom, F. M., and Kelley, W. N. (1967). Enzyme defect associated with a sex-linked human neurological disorder and excessive purine synthesis. Science 1551682.Google Scholar
- Skaper, S. D., and Seegmiller, J. E. (1976). Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase mutant glioma cells: Diminished monoamine oxidase activity. Science 1941171.Google Scholar
- Skaper, S. D., Adelson, G. L., and Seegmiller, J. E. (1976) Metabolism of biogenic amines in neuroblastoma and glioma cells in culture. J. Neurochem. 271065.Google Scholar
- Wood, A. M., Becker, M. A., and Seegmiller, J. E. (1973). Purine nucleotide synthesis in lymphoblasts cultured from normal subjects and a patient with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome. Biochem. Genet. 9261.Google Scholar
- Wurtman, R. J., and Axelrod, J. E. (1963). A sensitive and specific assay for the estimation of monoamine oxidase. Biochem. Pharmacol. 121439.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1978