The Claisen-Schmidt reaction with heterocyclic analogs of o-hydroxyacetphenone
Claisen-Schmidt condensation of 4-hydroxy-3-acetyl-6-methylpyrid-2-one, and its N-methyl and N-phenyl derivatives with aromatic aldehydes is investigated, and it is shown that the products of this reaction are 3-cinnamoyl and not 6-styryl derivatives.
KeywordsPiperidine Aromatic Aldehyde Methylamine Phenylpropane Heterocyclic Analog
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Hale, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 33, 1131, 1911.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Birch, D. Cameron, and R. Rickards, J. Chem. Soc., 4395, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Vul'fson, E. V. Savenkova, and L. B. Senyavina, ZhOKh, 34, 2743, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.N. S. Vul'fson, G. M. Sukhotina, and V. N. Zheltova, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim., 887, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.N. S. Vul'fson, G. M. Sukhotina, and L. B. Senyavina, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim., 1605, 1966.Google Scholar
- 7.N. S. Vul'fson and G. M. Sukhotina, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim., 1785, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Pechman and F. Neger, Ann., 273, 186, 1893.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Arndt, B. Eistert, H. Scholz, and E. Aron, Ber., 69, 2373, 1936.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Borsche and B. Blount, Ber., 65, 820, 1932.Google Scholar