Methylation of the sulfolane ring at the 2 and 2, 5 positions
- 34 Downloads
The possibility of alkylating sulfolane and its derivatives is investigated. A new method of introducing a methyl group at positions 2 and 2, 5 in the sulfolane ring, using sulfolanylmagnesium bromide is put forward.
KeywordsSulfolane Dibromo Organosulfur Compound Dimethyl Sulfate Present Paper Study
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.T. E. Bezmenova and N. M. Kamakin, in collection: Chemistry of organosulfur compounds in petroleums and petroleum products [in Russian] 8 (in press).Google Scholar
- 2.T. E. Bezmenova, V. S. Gutyra, and N. M. Kamakin, Ukr. khim. zh., 30, 948, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.R. D. Obolentsev, V. G. Bukharov, and M. M. Gerasimov, in collection: Chemistry of organosulfur compounds in petroleums and petroleum products, [in Russian], Izv. Bash. FAN SSSR, Ufa, 3, 38, 1960.Google Scholar
- 5.H. J. Staaterman, R. C. Morris, R. M. Stager, and G. J. Pierotti, Chem. Eng. Progr., 43, 148, 1947.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Grishkevich-Trokhimovskii, ZhRFKhO, 48, 924, 1916.Google Scholar
- 7.H. J. Backer and J. Strating, Rec. trav. chim., 53, 523, 1934.Google Scholar
© The Faraday Press, Inc. 1969