Polyfluorinated heterocyclic compounds
- 30 Downloads
A study has been made of the possibility of intramolecular cyclization of α-benzamido-β-(pentafluorophenyl)acrylic acid (IIa) with the object of synthesizing heterocyclic compounds. When the acid IIa was heated with potassium fluoride in dimethylformamide, 3-benzamido-6,7,8,9-tetrafluorocoumarin (III) was formed. Under the same conditions the methyl ester of (IIa) gave 2-phenyl-4-carbomethoxy-6,7,8,9-tetrafluorobenz[f]oxazepine-1,3 (Va). Some reactions of the latter have been studied.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Potassium Organic Chemistry Fluoride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Yakobson, T. D. Petrova, L. I. Kann, T. I. Savchenko, A. K. Petrov, and N. N. Vorozhtsov, Jr., DAN, 158, 926, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Burdon, V. A. Damodaran, and J. C. Tatlow, J. Chem. Soc., 763, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Shishkin and V. P. Mamaev. Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim., 934, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Vorozhtsov, Jr. and G. G. Yakobson, ZhOKh, 28, 40, 1958.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Erlenmeyer and W. Stadlin, Ann., 337, 290, 1904.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Elderfield, Heterocyclic Compounds [Russian translation] IL, Moscow, 2, 157, 1954.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Elderfield, Heterocyclic Compounds [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 2, 41, 160, 196, 1954.Google Scholar
- 8.A. T. Prudchenko, L. P. Vovdenko, V. A. Barkhash, and N. N. Vorozhtsov, Jr., Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim., 1968 (in press).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Kaabak, A. P. Tomilov, and S. L. Varshavskii. Problems of Organic Synthesis [in Russian] 32, 1965.Google Scholar
- 10.Houben-Weyl, Methoden der organischen Chemie, Stuttgart, 8, 709, 1952.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Weissgerber, Ber., 43, 3523, 1910.Google Scholar