Researches on allo- and isoalloxazine
- 33 Downloads
For a study of the diuretic properties of alloxazine, 6-chloro-7-sulfamidoalloxazine (II) has been synthesized for the first time, by condensing 4-chloro-5-sulfamido-o-phenylenediamine with violuric acid, and 6-chloro-7-sulfamidoalloxazine N-oxide (IV) is prepared by oxidizing II with permonosulfuric acid at the instant of formation. The structure of II is shown by splitting it with sulfuric acid to 2-amino-6-chloroquinoxaline.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Sulfuric Acid Allo Diuretic Property Violuric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. G. Petering and G. J. Van Giessen, J. Org. Chem., 26, 2818, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.M. N. Shchukina, Med. prom., no. 4, 7, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Berezovskii and G. D. Glebova, DAN, 146, 355, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Gadekar and J. L. Frederick, J. Org. Chem., 27, 1383, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.H. G. Petering, U.S. Patent no. 2973 359 (1961); RZhKh, 1962, Z1313.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Ochiai, J. Org. Chem., 18, 534, 1953.Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Elina and O. Yu. Magidson, ZhOKh, 25, 161, 1955.Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Berezovskii, Chemistry of Vitamins [in Russian], Pishchepromizdat, Moscow, 1959.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Pfister and J. Weijlard, U.S. Patent no. 2 650 221, 1953; C. A., 48, 11502, 1954.Google Scholar