Molecular spectra of nitroisoxazolinones
- 25 Downloads
A study is made of IR and UV spectra of N-oxides of nitroisoxazolinones, and of derivatives of isoxazolidine and isoxazolizidine. Absorption bands are related to valence vibrations of N-O in the NO2 group; in conjugated systems (in N-oxides of nitroisoxazolines) νs and γas are equal to ∼1310 and ∼1510 cm−1, in nonconjugated systems (in nitroisoxazolidines) ∼1360 and ∼1560 cm−1, respectively. Frequencies of N-O bond vibrations in N-oxides appear in the region 830–870 cm−1, of the O-N-O fragment in isoxazolidines and isoxazolizidines in the 1010–1060 cm−1 region. Measurements are made of total intensities of N-O valence vibrations in the NO2 group in N-oxides of nitroisoxazolines and nitroisoxazolizidines, as well as of C=N valence vibrations in N-oxides of nitroisoxazolines.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Absorption Band Molecular Spectrum Bond Vibration Valence Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Tartakovskii, B. G. Gribov, I. A. Savost'yanova, and S. S. Novikov, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN, 1644, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Tartovskii, I. E. Chlenov, S. S. Smagin, and S. S. Novikov, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN, 583, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Iogansen and G. D. Litovchenko, DAN, 153, 1367, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.L. J. Bellamy, The Infra-Red Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, p. 389, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Shlyapochnikov, S. A. Shevelev, V. I. Erashko, A. A. Fainzil'berg, and S. S. Novikov, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN, 1684, 1962.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Katritzky and J. Gardner, J. Chem. Soc., 2192, 2195, 1958.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Wiley and S. Slaymaker, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 79, 2233, 1957.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Thesing and W. Sirrenberg, Chem. Ber., 92, 1748, 1959; A. Forrester and R. Thomson, Spectrochim. acta., 19, 148, 1963.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Katritzky and A. Boulton, Spectrochim. acta, 17, 238, 1961; S. Umezawan and S. Zen, Bull. Chem. Soc., Japan, 36, 1150, 1963; S. Califano and F. Pincenti, Spectrochim. acta., 15, 86, 1959.Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Slovetskii, A. I. Ivanov, S. A. Shevelev, A. A. Fainzil'berg, and S. S. Novikov, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN (in press).Google Scholar
- 11.E. Braude, E. Jones, and G. Rose, J. Chem. Soc., 1104, 1947.Google Scholar