Synthesis and properties of vinyl derivatives of 4,5-diphenyl-2-mercaptoimidazole
S-Vinyl-, N,S-divinyl-, and S-ethyl-N-vinyl-4,5-diphenyl-2-mercaptoimidazoles were synthesized by reaction of 4,5-diphenyl-2-mercaptoimidazole with acetylene under pressure. The reactivities of these monomers were investigated. It is shown that they have lower reactivities than S-and N,S-vinyl-2-mercaptobenzimidazoles in radical polimerization reactions and do not form complexes with transition metal salts.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Vinyl Acetylene Metal Salt Lower Reactivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Skvortsova, N. D. Abramova, and B. V. Trzhtsinskaya, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1390 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.N. D. Abramova, B. V. Trzhtsinskaya, and G. G. Skvortsova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1670 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Emsley, J. Feeney, and L. Sutcliffe, High-Resolution NMR Spectroscopy, Pergamon, Oxford (1965, 1966).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules, Second Edition, Methuen, London (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.P. M. Kochergin, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 31, 1093 (1961).Google Scholar