Spectra of 3-benzoxazolonylpropanones
- 25 Downloads
The effect of substituents on the vibrational frequencies of oxazolonyl and acetonyl carbonyl groups was studied by means of the IR and PMR spectra of a series of substituted (in the benzene ring) 3-benzoxazolonylpropanones. The experimental data and the results of correlation analysis show that the carbonyl group of the acetonyl grouping is situated along the axis perpendicular to the plane of the benzene and heterocyclic rings and the substituent. The mechanism of transmission of the effect of substituents on the characteristic frequencies and the chemical shifts of the protons of the acetonyl group in the spectra are discussed.
KeywordsExperimental Data Benzene Organic Chemistry Carbonyl Chemical Shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Sam and J. N. Plampin, J. Pharm. Sci., 53, 541 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Stille, Arzneim-Forsch., 12, 340 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.Kh. Boicheva, Master's Dissertation, Sofia University, Sofia (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Zinner, H. Herbig, and H. Wigert, Ber., 89., 2131 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Simov, B. Galabov, M. Arnaudov, and V. Kacheva, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 13, 327 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Simov, B. Galabov, and V. Kalcheva, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 190, 891 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.M. G. S. Dewar and P. Grisdale, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 84, 3548 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Groth, Acta Chem. Scand., 27, 951 (1973).Google Scholar