Nitrogen- and sulfur-containing heterocycles
4-Chloro-5-amino- and 4-chloro-5-methylamino-6-phenacylmercaptopyrimidines (II–V and XVI–XX) were obtained by the reaction of 4-chloro-5-amino- and 4-chloro-5-methylamino-6-mercaptopyrimidines (I and XV) with phenacyl halides. It is shown that II–V are cyclized by alkalis to 4-chloro-6-aryl-6-hydroxy-5,6-dihydropyrimido[4,5-b][1,4]thiazines (VI–IXa), while both II–IXa and XVI–XIX, respectively, are converted to 7H-4-chloro-6-aryl- (X–XIII) and 5H-4-chloro-5-methyl-6-arylpyrimido[4,5-b][1,4]thiazines (XX–XXIII) under the influence of acidic reagents.
KeywordsNitrogen Organic Chemistry Halide Acidic Reagent Phenacyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. P. Nemeryuk and T. S. Safonova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 486 (1967),Google Scholar
- 2.T. S. Safonova and M. P. Nemeryuk, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 735 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.U. R. Jenks, Current Problems in Physical Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Moscow (1967), p. 342.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Temple, R. J. McKee, and I. A. Montgomery, J. Org. Chem., 28, 923 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.T. S. Safonova and L. G. Levkovskaya, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 68 (1971).Google Scholar