Researches on the chemistry of heterocyclic systems
Acidochromic condensation of benzylamides of diarylglycolic acids is used to extend the limits of the method of synthesis of 4, 4-diaryl-3-oxo-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroisoquinolines and the effect of side-chain substituents on heterocyclic ring closure is investigated. The starting benzylamides are synthesized by treating esters of benzyloxamic acids with organomagnesium compounds, and acidochrome condensation of the benzylamides is effected by concentrated sulfuric acid. The UV spectra of the benzylamides and their condensation products have spectroscopic characteristics which closely resemble one another.
KeywordsEster Organic Chemistry Sulfuric Acid Concentrate Sulfuric Acid Condensation Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. A. Petyunin, V. S. Shklyaev, and I. S. Berdinskii, ZhOKh, 24, 1078, 1954.Google Scholar
- 2.P. A. Petyunin and I. S. Berdinskii, ZhOKh, 22, 190, 1952.Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Petyunin and V. S. Shklyaev, ZhOKh, 27, 731, 1957.Google Scholar
- 4.P. A. Petyunin and A. F. Soldatova, KhGS, 261, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Petyunin and V. S. Shklyaev, ZhOKh, 23, 853, 1953.Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Petyunin, ZhOKh, 22, 700, 1952.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Thiele, Lieb. Ann., 376, 249, 1910.Google Scholar
- 8.P. A. Petyunin and Z. G. Kalugina, ZhOKh, 33, 2835, 1963.Google Scholar
- 9.P. A. Petyunin and M. S. Khodyreva, ZhOKh, 33, 755, 1963.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Freundlich and M. B. Richards, Z. phys. Chem., 79, 181, 1912.Google Scholar
- 11.S. L. Sapiro, I. M. Rose, and L. Freedman, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 23, 6322, 1959.Google Scholar