Cyclization of crotyl phenyl sulfide in the presence of acid catalysts
Crotyl phenyl sulfide is converted to 2-ethyl-2,3-dihydrobenzothiophene and 2- and 4-methylthiochromans in the presence of γ-Al2O3 and 5, 10, and 20% ZnCl2/Al2O3 at 300°C and is also isomerized to 1-butenyl- and 3-butenyl phenyl sulfides and cleaved to thiophenol.
KeywordsSulfide Organic Chemistry Phenyl Acid Catalyst Thiophenol
- 1.H. Kwart and E. R. Evans, J. Org. Chem., 31, 413 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Danilova, T. Abdin, and E. A. Viktorova, Neftekhimiya, 11, 444 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.J. C. Petropoulos, M. A. McCall, and D. S. Tarbell, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 75, 1130 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Khrushvakhtova, Candidate's Dissertation, Moscow State University (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Trippler, Candidate's Dissertation, Moscow State University (1968).Google Scholar