4-(5-Methoxy-2-oxazolyl)naphthalic anhydride and products of its condensation with aromatic amines
- 25 Downloads
4-(5-Methyl-2-oxoazolyl)naphthalic anhydride was synthesized by condensation of 4-chloroformylnaphthalic anhydride with aminoacetone and subsequent cyclization of the resulting amide. Luminescing methyl-substituted N-phenylnaphthalimide and 1,8-naphthoylene-1′,2′-benzimidazple were obtained by condensation of this product with aniline and o-phenylenediamine, respectively. The relationship between the structures of the products and their electronic absorption and luminescence spectra was investigated.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Amide Anhydride Aniline Electronic Absorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Krasovitskii, S. E. Kovalev, and É. A. Shevchenko, USSR Author's Certificate No. 327226; Byul. Izobr., No. 5, 76 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.S. E. Kovalev, B. M. Krasovitskii, and V. M. Shershukov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1331 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.B. M. Krasovitskii, A. M. Kuznetsov, D. G. Pereyaslova, É. A. Shevchenko, V. V. Korshak, G. F. Slezko, V. V. Mikulenko, A. N. Izyneev, and M. M. Seleznev, USSR Author's Certificate No. 292953; Byul. Izobr., No. 5, 94 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Fischer and H. Ort, The Chemistry of Pyrrole [Russian translation], Vol. 1, ONTI-Khimteoret. (1937), p. 462.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Ott, N. Hayes, E. Hansbury, and O. N. Kerr, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 79, 5448 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.B. M. Krasovitskii, N. F. Levchenko, and Yu. I. Makarenko, in: Single Crystals. Scintillators, and Organic Luminophores [in Russian], No. 1, Khar'kov (1967), p. 90.Google Scholar
- 7.S. E. Kovalev and V. M. Shershukov, in: Scintillators and Organic Luminophores [in Russian], Khar'kov (1972), p. 69.Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Cherkasov, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 29, 2209 (1955).Google Scholar