Investigations of benzimidazole derivatives
- 27 Downloads
3-(1′-Methyl-2′-benzimidazolyl)acrylic acid was obtained by the reaction of 1,2-dimethylbenzimidazole with chloral and subsequent hydrolysis of the condensation product. The hydrochloride of the chloride of this acid and its esters and amides were synthesized. The methyl and ethyl esters of the acid were synthesized by the Wittig reaction. The IR and UV spectra of the compounds obtained are presented.
KeywordsMethyl Chloride Ester Hydrolysis Ethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.US Patent No. 2,515,173 (1950); Chem. Abstr., 45, 668 (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.K. H. Taffs, L. V. Prosser, G. B. Wigton, and M. M. Jollie, J. Org. Chem., 26, 462 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Einhorn, Ber., 19, 908 (1886).Google Scholar
- 4.M. T. Le Bris and H. Wahl, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 343 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.O. Isler, H. Gutmann, Montavon, R. Ruegg, and P. Zeller, Helv. Chim. Acta, 40, 1242 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Nakanishi, IR Spectra and Structures of Organic Compounds, Practical Holden-Day (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Novikov and G. A. Shvekhgeimer, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 673 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.V. F. Kucherov, B. G. Kovalev, G. A. Kogan, and L. A. Yanovskaya, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 138, 1115 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Simonov and S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1562 (1970).Google Scholar