Reaction of tetracyanoquinodimethane with azoles
- 29 Downloads
The reaction of tetracyanoquinodimethane (TCQD) with azoles was studied. It was found that products of 1,6 addition to the quinoid system of TCQD are formed with pyrrole, indole, and their methyl derivatives. The addition products split out HCN under the influence of UV light to give deeply colored products of replacement of one nitrile group in TCQD by a heterocyclic grouping. Data on the UV and NMR spectra of the compounds obtained are presented.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Nitrile Indole Pyrrole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. S. Acker and W. R. Hertler, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 84, 3370 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.B. P. Bespalov, A. A. Pankratov, and V. V. Titov, Zh. Org. Khim., 10, 1061 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.B. P. Bespalov and A. A. Pankratov, Khim. Vys. Energ., 8, 412 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.B. P. Bespalov, A. A. Pankratov, and V. V. Titov, Zh. Org. Khim., 10, 134 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Pankratov, B. P. Bespalov, V. N. Lisyutenko, and E. V. Getmanova, Opt. Spektrosk., (1976, in press).Google Scholar