Structures of sterically hindered p-hydroxystyrylpyridines and acid-base transformations of their quaternary salts
- 36 Downloads
The structures of p-hydroxystyrylpyridines and a number of their new quaternary salts were studied by means of electronic absorption spectra. The reverse transformation of the salts to the corresponding quinonoid compounds was examined as a function of the pH of the medium, and the equilibrium constants were determined.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Absorption Spectrum Equilibrium Constant Electronic Absorption Electronic Absorption Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Bogdanov, A. N. Rozenberg, and A. K. Sheinkman, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1660 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Ershov and G. A. Nikiforov, Usp. Khim., 35, 1953 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.A. R. Katritzky and J. M, Lagowski, in: Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Vol. 1, New York- London (1963), p. 347.Google Scholar
- 4.A. K. Sheinkman, A. N. Kost, V. I. Sheichenko, and A. N. Rozenberg, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 33, 941 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Ershov and G. A. Nikiforov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 293 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Hortwitz, J. Org. Chem., 21, 1039 (1956).Google Scholar