Investigations in the field of vinyl esters of the furan series
- 27 Downloads
The kinetics of the alkaline hydrolysis of vinyl esters of furan-2-carboxylic, trans-β-(2-furyl)acrylic, and trans-cinnamic acids and also the comparative electrochemical activities of these compounds and of vinyl esters of 5-bromofuran-2-carboxylic, 5-nitro-furan-2-carboxylic, and benzoic acids have been studied by a polarographic method. A symbatic increase in the rate of hydrolysis of the esters with a shift of the potential of the half-wave of reduction into the more negative region has been established. Both the polarity and the polarizability of the molecules have a fundamental influence on the properties of the esters.
KeywordsEster Hydrolysis Organic Chemistry Vinyl Negative Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Skvortsova, V. V. An, Yu. A. Mansurov, V. K. Voronov, G. V. Ratovskii, and Yu. L. Frolov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1443 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.C. H. De Puy and L. R. Mahoney, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 86, 2652 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Shur and M. M. Filimonova, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 37, 2603 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Mairanovskii and G. I. Samokhvalov, Abstracts of Communications at the 5th Conference on the Electrochemistry of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967), p. 7.Google Scholar
- 5.G. J. Hoijting, Ricerea Sci., Suppl. (Contr. teor. sper. di polarografia), 5, 217 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.M. F. Shostakovskii, L. I. Komarova, A. Kh. Filippova, and G. V. Ratovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2526 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.M. F. Shostakovskii, G. G.Skvortsova, V. V.An, and Yu.A. Masurov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 9 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.R. L. Adelman, J. Org. Chem., 14, 1057 (1949).Google Scholar
- 9.Ya. P. Stradyn', The Polarography of Organic Nitro Compounds [in Russian], Izd-vo Akad. Nauk LatvSSR, Riga (1961), p. 11.Google Scholar