Vinylation of imidazole and benzimidazole
- 62 Downloads
The reaction of imidazole and benzimidazole with acetylene under pressure in the presence of caustic potash has been studied. The corresponding N-vinyl derivatives have been obtained with yields of 80–86%.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Imidazole Acetylene Benzimidazole Potash
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.M. F. Shostakovskii, G. G. Skvortsova, E. S. Domnina, and N. P. Glazkova, USSR patent no. 181116, 1963; Byull. izobr. no., 9, 26, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.E. S. Domnina, G. G. Skvortsova, N. P. Glazkova, and M. F. Shostakovskii, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 2, 390, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.G. G. Skvortsova, E. S. Domnina, Yu. N. Ivlev, and L. P. Makhno, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds] (in press).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Reppe, Ann., 1956, 601, 81.Google Scholar
- 5.West German patent no. 854955, 1952; C. A., 52, 15592.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Walba and R. Isensce, J. Org. Chem., 21, 702, 1956.Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Brown, J. Chem. Soc., 1974, 1958.Google Scholar
- 8.Beilst., 23, 46; 1936, E1123, 152, 1954.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Ripper, Mon., 21, 1079, 1900.Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau 1972