Application of mass spectrometry in structural and stereochemical investigations
- 29 Downloads
The mass spectra of 3-quinuclidone, methyl 5-ketoquinuclidine-2-carboxylate, ethyl 3- and 5-ketoquinuclidine-2-carboxylates, benzo(b)-3-quinuclidone, and ethyl 3-ketobenzo(b)quinu-clidine-2-carboxylate were investigated. The fragmentation of the investigated compounds is realized through the open form of the molecular ion with cleavage of the bridge bond containing the carbonyl group and with subsequent elimination of carbon monoxide. The principal disintegration mechanisms were confirmed with isotope labels.
KeywordsMethyl Mass Spectrometry Ethyl Mass Spectrum Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. G. Kostyanovskii, Doctoral Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.R. G. Kostyanovskii (Kostyanovsky), E. E. Mikhlina, E. I. Levkoeva, and L. N. Yakhontov, Org. Mass Spectrometry, 3, 1023 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.E. E. Mikhlina, F. K. Turchin, V. Ya. Vorob'eva, A. I. Ermakov, R. G. Kostyanovskii, Yu. N. Sheinker, and L. N. Yakhontov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 195, 1337 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.R. G. Kostyanovskii and Kh. Khafizov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 198, 363 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Djerassi, Advances in Mass Spectrometry, 4, 199 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.J. H. Beynon, Mass Spectrometry and Its Application to Organic Chemistry, Elsevier (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.L. N. Yakhontov, L. I. Mastafanova, and M. V. Rubtsov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 30, 519 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.E. E. Mikhlina and M. V. Rubtsov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 29, 118 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.A. D. Yanina, E. E. Mikhlina, K. A. Zaitseva, M. D. Mashkovskii, and L. N. Yakhontov, Khim.-Farmats. Zh., 7 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.L. N. Yakhontov and M. V. Rubtsov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 29, 2343 (1959).Google Scholar