- 46 Downloads
The Claisen condensation of methyl 3-indolylacetate with dimethyl carbonate, methyl benzoate, methyl formate, and methyl acetate proceeds with acylation of the CH2 group. Only the carbomethoxy group attached to the nitrogen atom of the indole ring is retained. The corresponding 5-(3-indolyl)pyrimidines were obtained by condensation of thiourea and acetamidine with the products of acylation of methyl 3-indolylacetate with methyl formate and methyl acetate.
KeywordsNitrogen Methyl Organic Chemistry Dimethyl Nitrogen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Velezheva, V. P. Sevodin, M. B. Baru, and N. N. Suvorov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1228 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Rozhkov, Yu. I. Smushkevich, T. A. Kozik, and N. N. Suvorov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1502 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Sakurai, J. Biochem., 44, 47 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.K. D. Nenitescu, D. Reileanu, and N. Angelide, Rev. Chim., 8, 59 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Bagot, O. Siffert, and B. Millet, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., No. 3, 917 (1969).Google Scholar