Formation of imidazolidine derivatives from dimethyl (2,2-dimethylhydrazino)succinate in reactions with allyl and phenyl isothiocyanates
The reaction of (2,2-dimethylhydrazino)succinic acid ester with allyl and phenyl isothiocyanates leads to esters of 1-substituted (3-dimethylamino-5-oxo-2-thioxo-4-imidazolidinyl)acetic acids, which in protic solvents undergo a slight degree of elimination of dimethylamine to give esters of 1-substituted (5-oxo-2-thioxoimidazolidin-4-ylidene)acetic acids. The structure of methyl (1-allyl-5-oxo-2-thioxoimidazolidin-4-ylidene)acetate was proved by x-ray diffraction analysis.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Acetic Acid Phenyl Dimethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Bremanis, I. Ya. Kalvin'sh, M. P. Gavars, P. T. Trapentsier, and é. Lukevits, Izv. Akad. Nauk Latv. SSR, No. 5, 586 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Bremanis, I. Ya. Kalvin'sh, é. Lukevits, and é. é. Liepin'sh, Izv. Akad. Nauk Latv. SSR, No. 5, 591 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Kost and S. I. Suminov, Zh. Org. Khim., 1, 1341 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Rutkovskii, B. A. Ivin, E. G. Sochilin, and I. Yu. Tsereteli, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 40, 389 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Thieme and E. HÄdicke, Annalen, No. 2, 227 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.K. S. Dragonette and I. L. Karle, Acta Crystallogr., 19, 978 (1965).Google Scholar