Pyrroles from ketoximes and acetylene. No. 36. 4,4,6,6-Tetramethyl-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-5-azaindole, its nitroxyl and vinyl derivatives, and spin-labelled copolymer
- 44 Downloads
An oxime containing a nitroxyl functional group site, 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-nitroxyl-4-hydroxyiminopiperidine, has been shown for the first time to engage in productive pyrrole synthesis via reaction with acetylene in KOH-DMSO. The behavior of 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidone oxime and its 1-hydroxy derivative in this reaction has also been investigated. The corresponding 5-azaindole and its 5-nitroxyl and 1-vinyl derivatives have been synthesized in this manner. 1-Hydroxy-4-piperidone oxime reacts at 50–60‡C under the general reaction conditions undergoing oxidative conversion to 5-azaindole, while at 105‡C in the presence of excess acetylene reduction of the hydroxy group also takes place. The formation of a pyrrole ring does not involve radical chains, although vinylation of the resulting pyrroles apparently involves one-electron transfer. 1-Vinyl-4,4,6,6-tetramethyl-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-5-azaindole has been used for the preparation of a spin-labelled polyvinyl alcohol copolymer.
KeywordsAcetylene Pyrrole Oxime Polyvinyl Alcohol General Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Aliev, B. R. Gasanov, N. I. Golovanova, and A. I. Mikhaleva, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1486 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Trofimov and A. I. Mikhaleva, N-Vinylpyrroles [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Trofimov, A. I. Mikhaleva, R. N. Nesterenko, G. A. Kalabin, A. B. Shapiro, and I. V. Yakovleva, Abstracts of Proceedings, VII All-Union Conference on the Chemistry of Acetylene [in Russian], Erevan (1984), p. 110.Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Trofimov, Z. Chem., No. 26, 41 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Fruson, M.-L. Josien, R. L. Powell, and E. Utterback, J. Chem. Phys., 20, 145 (1952).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Miron, Ann. Chim. (Roma), 86, 165 (1956).Google Scholar
- 7.B. A. Trofimov, N. I. Golovanova, N. I. Shergina, A. I. Mikhaleva, S. E. Korostova, A. N. Vasil'ev, and I. L. Anisimova, Atlas of Spectra of Aromatic and Heterocyclic Compounds [in Russian], Institute of Organic Chemistry, Siberian Branch, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Novosibirsk (1981), No. 21.Google Scholar
- 8.O. I. Mikhalev, I. V. Yakovleva, V. I. Trofimov, and A. B. Shapiro, Crio. Lett., 6, 245 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.O. I. Mikhalev and V. I. Trofimov, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 58, 631 (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Artemenko, I. V. Tikunova, and E. K. Anufriev, Practicum in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar