Heterofunctional condensation of chlorosilanes with tetra- and hexaphenylsiloxanediols
- 36 Downloads
A number of new chloro- and hydrochlorosiloxanes with cyclic and linear structures were synthesized by the condensation of tetraphenyldisiloxane-1,3-diol and hexaphenyltrisiloxane-1,5-diol with silicon tetrachloride and trichlorosilane. The effects of the starting ratio of the reactants and dilution on the reaction rates and yields of cyclosiloxanes were studied.
KeywordsSilicon Organic Chemistry Diol Chloro Tetrachloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. R. Mayo, J. Polymer Sci., 55, 65 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.T. C. Wu and C. A. Hirt, J. Organomet. Chem., 11, 17 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.K. A. Andrianov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 191, 347 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Harris, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 92, 488 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.C. A. Burkhard, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 67, 2173 (1945).Google Scholar
- 6.G. I. Harris, J. Chem. Soc., 5978 (1963).Google Scholar