Research on 1, 2, 4-triazoles
- 56 Downloads
Alkylation of 4-phenyl-1, 2, 4-triazolinethione-3 with halogen compounds gives sulfides, which oxidize to sulfones. Unlike the corresponding tetrazole derivatives they do not exhibit antitubercular activity. The oxidation of 4-phenyl-3-carboxymethylthio-1, 2, 4-triazole is investigated. Permanganate oxidation is accompanied by decarboxylation and formation of 4-phenyl-1, 2, 4-triazolylmethylsulfone-3, while oxidation with hydrogen peroxide gives 4-phenyl-1, 2, 4-triazolinone-3. It is found that treatment of 4-phenyl-3-carboxymethylthio-1, 2, 4-triazole with acetic anhydride gives di(4-phenyl-3-methylenethio-1, 2, 4-triazoline)ketone, possibly via formation of an anhydro- derivative.
KeywordsOxidation Hydrogen Acetic Hydrogen Peroxide Sulfone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Nirenburg, I. Ya. Postovskii, and E. I. Chertkova, Izv. VSh (in press).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Pesson, G. Polmanss, and S. Dupin, Compt. Rend., 248, 1677, 1959.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Ya. Postovskii and I. L. Shegal, KhGS, 443, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.I. L. Shegal and I. Ya. Postovskii, KhGS, 133, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.G. F. Duffin and I. D. Kendall, J. Chem. Soc., 361, 1956.Google Scholar
- 6.P. M. Kochergin, ZhOKh, 31, 3267, 1961.Google Scholar