A new species of blastobotrys: Blastobotrys navarrensis sp. nov. (Hyphomycetes)
- 43 Downloads
A new species of Blastobotrys Klopotek (1, 2, 4, 5) has been recovered from white pepper. It appears to be sufficiently distinct from B. nivea v. Klopotek. (5), B. proliferas Marvanová, and B. aristata Marvanová (2), to be described as a new species under the name of Blastobotrys navarrensis. Both morphological as well as physiological characteristics were taken in account to differentiate the new species from Blastobotrys species known up to date.
KeywordsPhysiological Characteristic White Pepper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.De Hoog, G. S. 1974. The genera Blastobotrys, Sporothrix, Calcarisporium and Calcarisporiella gen. nov. Studies in Mycology, Baarn, 7: 1–84.Google Scholar
- 2.Marvanová, L. 1976. Two new Blastobotrys species. Trans. Brit. Mycol. Soc. 66: 217–222.Google Scholar
- 3.Van der Walt, J. P. 1970. Criteria and Methods in Classification. In the Yeasts. A taxonomy study. Lodder, J. Ed. North-Holland Pub. Co. Amsterdam, London, p. 34–113.Google Scholar
- 4.Von Arx, J. A. 1970. The genera of Fungi sporulating in pure culture. Lehre: J. Cramer.Google Scholar
- 5.Von Klopotek, A. 1967. Blastobotrys nivea gen. nov., sp. nov. Archiv. für Mikrobiol. 58: 92–96.Google Scholar