- 35 Downloads
Electrophilic substitution reactions — cyanomethylation, bromination, nitration, and the Mannich reaction- in the 5-azaindole series were studied. It is shown that, despite the literature data, 5-azaindole behaves like the isomeric 4- and 7-azaindoles in these reactions. Conditions that make it possible to synthesize various 3-substituted 5-azaindoles in high yields were found.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Nitration Substitution Reaction Electrophilic Substitution Mannich Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. F. Marshalkin and L. N. Yakhontov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 652 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Robison and B. L. Robison, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 77, 457 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Yakhontov, M. Ya. Uritskaya, and M. V. Rubtsov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 1, 2032 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.L. N. Yakhontov and V. A. Azimov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 32 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Okuda and M. M. Robison, J. Org. Chem., 24, 1008 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.R. E. Willette, Adv. in Heterocycl. Chem., 9, 62 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.L. N. Yakhontov, V. A. Azimov, and E. I. Lapan, Tetrahedron Lett., 24, 1909 (1969).Google Scholar