Methyl γ-phenylacetoacetate in the synthesis of derivatives of α-aminoindol-2-yl-acetic acid
- 27 Downloads
The cyclization of the di(phenylhydrazone) of methyl γ-phenyl-α,Β-dioxobutyrate with hydrazines has given phenylhydrazones of methyl indol-2-ylglyoxylates, which have been reduced to methyl α-aminoindol-2-ylacetates. Some reactions of these compounds have been studied.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Hydrazine Phenylhydrazone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. C. Kornfeld, J. Org. Chem., 16, 806 (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.H. R. Snyder and P. L. Cook, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 78, 969 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Swaminathan and S. Sulochana, J. Org. Chem., 23, 90 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Feofilaktov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 10, 247 (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Abramovitch and J. Spenser, J. Chem. Soc., 3767 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.M. N. Preobrazhenskaya, N. V. Uvarova, Yu. N. Sheinker, and N. N. Suvorov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 148, 1088 (1963).Google Scholar