Reactions of 6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-β-carbolin-1-ones and their dichlorophosphoryl-substituted derivatives with acetic anhydride
- 23 Downloads
2-Benzyl-, 9-benzyl-, and 2,9-dibenzyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-β-carbolin-1-ones were synthesized. It is shown that 6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-β-carbolin-1-one and its 2- and 9-monobenzyl-substituted derivatives react with phosphorus oxychloride to give dichlorophosphoryl derivatives in which the dichlorophosphoryl residue enters into the composition of the cation and is bonded to the oxygen in the 1 position or (in the case of the pyrrole-nitrogen-unsubstituted compounds) the nitrogen atom in the 9 position. The possibility of acetylation of the dichlorophosphoryl compounds in the 5 position with acetic anhydride under mild conditions to give high yields of products was observed. The regularities in the mass spectra and PMR spectra of the β-carbolinone derivatives were exposed.
KeywordsOxygen Nitrogen Acetic Phosphorus Mass Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Henecka, R. Lorenz, and H. Timmler, West German Patent No. 1045411 (1958); Chem. Abstr., 55, 5543 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Abramovitch and D. Spencer, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem., 3, 117 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.R. G. Glushkov and V. G. Granik, Usp. Khim., 38, 1989 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.R. G. Glushkov, V. A. Volskova, and O. Yu. Magidson, Khim.-Farmats. Zh., No. 9, 25 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Suvorov and V. S. Murashova, Med. Prom., No. 1, 6 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Arnold and A. Holý, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun., 27, 2886 (1962).Google Scholar