The bromination of 2-amino- and 2-acetylamino-4-(2-furyl)-thiazoles
- 28 Downloads
The bromination of 2-amino-and 2-acetylamino-4-(2-furyl)thiazoles has been studied, and it has been shown that bromination takes place first in the furan ring and then, with an excess of bromine, also in the thiazole ring in position 5.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Bromine Furan Thiazole Furan Ring
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.G. N. Mahapatra, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 33, 527, 1956.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Garreau, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 564, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Nagasawa, J. Pharm. Soc. Japan, 59, 462, 1939.Google Scholar
- 4.Földi, U.S. patent no. 2332906; C. A., 38, 1752, 1944.Google Scholar
- 5.F. A. Robinson and E. M. Gibbs, British patent no. 567419, 1945; C. A., 41, 2087, 1947.Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Gibbs and F. A. Robinson, J. Chem. Soc., 925, 1945.Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau 1972