Direct determination of silver in geological reference samples after aqua regia leach by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry with matrix modification
- 46 Downloads
Silver was determined in 20 different geological samples by electrothermal AAS with and without (NH4)2HPO4 matrix modifier after aqua regia leach. The results were compared with those obtained after total dissolution of samples.
The ashing temperature can be 300 °C higher and the atomising temperature 100°C lower when matrix modifier is used. The sensitivity of the method for Ag was 25% better with modifier. The detection limit, calculated in relation to the original solid sample, was 0.01 μg/g with modifier.
The results were systematically lower with matrix modifier, the mean value of recovery being 91.2% with modifier and 97.2% without. The ranges of the recovery values were noticeably different: from 84.5 to 99.5 with matrix modifier and from 63.4 to 110.2 without. The matrix modifier tended to even out the differences in the effects of geological matrices.
KeywordsGraphite Reference Sample Aqua Atomic Absorption Spectrometry Absorption Spectrometry
Direkte Silberbestimmung in geologischem Referenzmaterial mit Hilfe der Graphitofen-AAS mit Matrixmodifikation (nach Auslaugen mit Königwasser)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brooks RR, Holzbecher J, Ryan DE, Zhang HF, Chatterjee AK (1981) At Spectrosc 2:151–154Google Scholar
- 2.Fryer BJ, Kerrich R (1978) At Absorpt Newsl 17:4–6Google Scholar
- 3.Rowston WB, Ottaway JM (1979) Analyst 104:645–659Google Scholar
- 4.Chao TT, Ball JW, Nakagawa HM (1971) Anal Chim Acta 54:77–81Google Scholar
- 5.Clark JR, Viets JG (1981) Anal Chem 53:61–65Google Scholar
- 6.Bratzel MP, Chakrabarti CL, Sturgeon RE, McIntyre MW, Agemian H (1972) Anal Chem 44:372–374Google Scholar
- 7.Barredo FB, Polo CP, Diez LP (1977) Anal Chim Acta 94:283–287Google Scholar
- 8.Eames JC, Matuosek JP (1980) Anal Chem 52:1248–1251Google Scholar
- 9.Schrön W, Bombach G, Beuge P (1983) Spectrochim Acta B 38:1269–1276Google Scholar
- 10.Slavin W, Carnrick GR, Manning DC, Pruszkowska E (1983) At Spectrosc 4:69–86Google Scholar
- 11.Bloon N (1983) At Spectrosc 4:204–207Google Scholar
- 12.Fishkova NL, Kazarina TM (1971) Zavod Lab 37:1447–1449Google Scholar
- 13.Purushottom A, Lal SS, Naidu PP (1972) Talanta 19:208–209Google Scholar
- 14.Garcia DJ (1969) Inf Quim Anal 23:132–138Google Scholar
- 15.Gladney ES, Burns CE (1983) Geostand Newsl 7:3–226Google Scholar