Reaction of pyridine-2-thione with acetylenes
- 45 Downloads
In contrast to 2-pyridone, pyridine-2-thione reacts with acetylene with the participation of one reaction center — the sulfur atom. The reaction with phenylacetylene and diacetylene proceeds stereospecifically to give products with cis structures. The structures of the synthesized compounds were confirmed by chemical and spectroscopic methods.
KeywordsSulfur Organic Chemistry Reaction Center Acetylene Sulfur Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Jones and A. R. Katritzky, J. Chem. Soc., No. 10, 3610 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.M. F. Shostakovskii, G. G. Skvortsova, S. M. Tyrina, Yu. L. Frolov, N. M. Deriglazov, V. K. Voronov, and N. A. Ivanova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 186, 620 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.O. N. Temkin and R. M. Flid, Catalytic Transformations of Acetylene Compounds in Solutions of Complex Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, (1968), p. 11.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Undheim and L. A. Riege, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, No. 15, 1493 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.L. J. Bellamy, New Data on the IR Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971), p. 318Google Scholar