Studies in the imidazole series
- 24 Downloads
A new synthesis of derivatives of imidazo[2,1-b]thiazole from 2-halogenoimidazoles has been effected. The reaction of 2-bromo-4,5-diphenylimidazoles with phenacyl bromide and its p-substituted derivatives has given the corresponding 2-bromo-1-phenylimidazoles, by the heating of which with thiourea and subsequent cyclization of the resulting 2-mercapto-1-phenacylimidazoles under the action of phosphorus oxychloride a number of 2,5,6-triarylimidazo[2,1-b]thiazoles has been synthesized.
KeywordsPhosphorus Bromide Organic Chemistry Imidazole Thiourea
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Mazur and P. M. Kochergin, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 6, 512, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kondo and F. Nagasawa, J. Pharm. Soc. Japan, 57, 308, 1937; Zbl., 2, 849, 1938.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Ochiai, Ber., 69, 1650, 1936.Google Scholar
- 4.P. M. Kochergin and M. N. Shchukina, ZhOKh, 26, 2905, 1956.Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Mazur and P. M. Kochergin, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 6, 508, 1970.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Lawson and H. V. Morley, J. Chem. Soc., 1965, 1955; 566, 1957.Google Scholar
- 7.P. M. Kochergin, B. A. Priimenko, V. S. Ponomar, M. V. Povstyanoi, A. A. Tkachenko, I. A. Mazur, A. N. Krasovskii, E. G. Knysh, and M. I. Yurchenko, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 5, 177, 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Harrison and T. Ralph, J. Chem. Soc., 3132, 1965.Google Scholar
- 9.J. D. Lamb and F. L. Pyman, J. Chem. Soc., 125, 706, 1924.Google Scholar