Investigation of the z, e isomerism of N-(5-pyrimidyl)- and N-(5-pyridyl) acetamidines
The processes of Z,E isomerization about the C=N bond and retardation of rotation about the C-N bond in N-(5-pyrimidyl)- and N-(5-pyridyl)-acetamidines were investigated on the basis of data on the temperature dependence of the PMR spectra. The effect of the type of heteroring, the volume of the ortho substituents, and the character of the solvents on the magnitude of the free energy of activation of Z,E isomerism was analyzed thoroughly. The possible mechanisms for the isomerization process are discussed.
KeywordsFree Energy Organic Chemistry Isomerization Process Ortho Substituent Acetamidines
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. S. Safonova, M. P. Nemeryuk, A. F. Keremov, N. I. Traven', and L. A. Myshkina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 423 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Wurmb-Gerlich, F. Vögtle, A. Mannschreck, and H. A. Staab, Ann., 708, 36 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Kessler, P. F. Bley, and D. Leibfritz, Tetrahedron, 27, 1687 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.C. E. Johnson and F. A. Bovey, J. Chem. Phys., 29, 1012 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Kessler, Chem. Ber., 103, 973 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Shanan-Atidi and K.-H Ber-Eli, J. Chem. Phys., 74, 961 (970).Google Scholar
- 7.R. C. Neuman and C. L. B. Joung, J. Chem. Phys., 69, 2570 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.D. L. Harris and K. M. Wellman, Tetrahedron Lett., 50, 5225 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.Z. Rappoport and R. Ta-Shma, Tetrahedron Lett., 52, 5281 (1972).Google Scholar