Stereochemistry of ethynylation, normant, and grignard reactions in the 1-alkyldecahydro-4-quinolone series
- 47 Downloads
The different stereochemistries of the addition of acetylene and vinyl- or ethylmagnesium bromides to 1-alkyl- and 1,2,2-trimethyl-trans-decahydro-4-quinolones are shown. In the ethynylation of mixtures of cis- and trans-1-alkyldecahydro-4-quinolones, one acetylenic alcohol of the cis series was isolated in each case in addition to two epimeric (with respect to the 4 position) trans alcohols. The configurations of the synthesized alcohols were established by IR spectroscopy.
KeywordsAlcohol Spectroscopy Bromide Organic Chemistry Vinyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Akhrem, L. I. Ukhova, and N. F. Uskova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 900 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Akhrem, L. I. Ukhova, and N. F. Uskova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2305 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Akhrem, L. I. Ukhova, and A. N. Sergeeva, Izv. Akad. Nauk Belorussk. SSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk, 66, 75 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Nazarov and É. A. Mistryukov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 585 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Eliel, N. Allinger, S. Angyal, and T. Morrison, Conformational Analysis, Wiley (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.R. N. Jones, P. Humphries, T. Herling, and K. Dobriner, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 78, 2570 (1956).Google Scholar
- 7.B. V. Unkovskii, Yu. F. Malina, I. P. Boiko, T. D. Sokolova, and M. G. Zaitseva, Zh. Organ. Khim., 3, 757 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Vartanyan, Izv. Akad. Nauk Srm. SSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk, 12, 179 (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Prost, M. Urbain, A. Schumer, C. Houben, and C. Meerbeck, Helv. Chim. Acta, 58, 40 (1975).Google Scholar