2,3-Diphenyl-1,2,3-triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidinium salts, the structure of which was confirmed by the PMR spectra, were obtained by condensation of 4-amino-1,5-diphenyl-1,2,3-triazole with β-diketones and their analogs in trifluoroacetic acid. The corresponding 4-acylvinylaminotriazoles are formed by the action of alkali on these salts. It was established that the salts with a methyl group in the 7 position do not form polymethine dyes, whereas the 5,7-dimethyl derivative does gives dyes owing to the activity of the methyl group in the 5 position. The ability of the 5,7-dimethyl derivative to undergo cyanine condensations is explained by the betaine cationic structures of the salts obtained.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Pyrimidinium Triazole Betaine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. I. Shul'ga and V. A. Chuiguk, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 38, 475 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Chuiguk, Ukr. Khim. Zh., (1978, in press).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Bachkovskii, and V. A. Chuiguk, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1493 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.G. M. Golubushina, O. G. Ponomarenko, G. N. Poshtaruk, and V. A. Chuiguk, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 843 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.J. R. H. Sawyer and D. G. Wibberley, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, 1138 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.O. Dimroth, E. Frisoni, and J. Marschall, Ber., 39, 3920 (1906).Google Scholar