New methods for the synthesis of amides of benzo[b]thiophene-2carboxylic acid
The reaction of 3-bromothiocoumarin with nitrogen bases, during which the thiocoumarin system is converted to a benzothiophene system, was studied. A new method for the synthesis of amides of benzo[b]thiophene-2-carboxylic acid is proposed.
KeywordsNitrogen Organic Chemistry Amide Nitrogen Base Benzothiophene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. D. Cotterill, C. J. France, R. Livingstone, and J. R. Atkinson, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, No. 6, 817 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Zagorevskii, V. L. Savel'ev, N. V. Dudykina, and S. L. Portnova, Zh. Org. Khim., 3, 642 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Campaigne and T. Bosin, J. Med. Chem., 10, 945 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.R. W. Goettsch and G. A. Wiese, J. Am. Pharm. Assoc., 47, 319 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.W. B. Wright and H. J. Brabander, West German Patent No. 1936721 (1970); Chem. Abstr., 73, 120496 vP (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.W. B. Wright and H. J. Brabander, US Patent No. 3734915 (1973); Chem. Abstr., 79, 42558z (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Royer, P. Demerseman, J.-P. Lechartier, and A. Cheutin, J. Org. Chem., 27, 3808 (1962).Google Scholar