- 27 Downloads
5,6-Benzindole was obtained by the photochemical decomposition of 4-hydroxy-6,7benzo-quinoline-3-diazonium hydrochloride. A substantial difference in the absorption and luminescence spectra of linear benzindole and its angular isomers was observed. It is shown that in the formation of complexes by means of hydrogen bonds the frequency of the associated NH group of linear benzindole is closer to the corresponding value for indole than the frequencies of the angular isomers.
KeywordsHydrogen Hydrogen Bond Organic Chemistry Hydrochloride Indole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. B. Shagalov, G. M. Ostapchuk, A. D. Zlobina, V. N. Eraksina, V. V. Ogorodnikova, T. A. Babushkina, A. M. Vasil'ev, and N. N. Suvorov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 634 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.L. B. Shagalov, V. N. Eraksina, N. N. Suvorov, and T. A. Tkachenko, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 371223; Byul. Izobr., No. 12, 72 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.O. Süs, M. Gloss, and K. Müller, Ann., 583, 150 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Süs, Ann., 579, 133 (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.O. Süs, K. Müller, and H. Heiss, Ann., 598, 123 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.O. Süs, J. Munder, and H. Steppan, Angew. Chem., 74, 985 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.M. V. Kazankov, N. P. Makshanova, and E. G. Kuznetsova, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 480703; Byul. Izobr., No. 30, 72 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.T. K. Efimova, L. G. Tret'yakova, N. N. Suvorov, L. B. Shagalov, A. V. Karyakin, L. I. Anikina, V. M. Pivovarov, and T. A. Tkachenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7, 950 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Kazitsina and N. B. Kuplut-skaya, Applications of UV, IR, and NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1971), p. 81.Google Scholar
- 10.N. J. Turro, Molecular Photochemistry, Benjamin (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.L. B. Shagalov, T. A. Tkachenko, A. M. Vasil'ev, V. N. Eraksina, and N. N. Suvorov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 864 (1975).Google Scholar