Elektrolytgehalt, Proteinkonzentration, Adenylatcyclase- und Amylaseaktivität der Glandula submandibularis des Meerschweinchens nach Durchtrennung der Chorda tympani
- 17 Downloads
Electrolyte and protein concentrations, adenylate cyclase and α-amylase activities of guinea pig mandibular gland after chorda section
The effects of chorda tympani section on the electrolyte and protein concentrations, and adenylate cyclase and α-amylase activities of guinea pig mandibular glands were examined. Six days after chorda section there was increased concentration of mandibular Na+, Cl−, Catot, and inorganic phosphate and decreased concentration of K+, α-amylase, adenylate cyclase, and total protein as compared to controls. Twenty-two days after chorda section further increases in mandibular Na+, Cl−, Catot and inorganic phosphate were seen. The K+ concentration decreased further, but protein, α-amylase and adenylate cyclase tended to return towards control values. Possible reasons for these patterns are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schneyer LH, Young JA, Schneyer CA (1972) Salivary secretion of electrolytes. Physiol Rev 52: 720–777Google Scholar
- 2.Bogart B (1970) The fine structural localisation of cholinesterase activity in the rat submandibular gland. J Histochem Cytochem 18: 730–739Google Scholar
- 3.Bogart B (1973) Adrenergic innervation of the rat submandibular and parotid glands. An electron microscopic autoradiographic study of the uptake of norepinephrine. Anat Rec 177: 219–224Google Scholar
- 4.Batzri S, Selinger Z (1973) Enzyme secretion mediated by the epinephrine β-receptor in rat parotid slices. J Biol Chem 248: 356–360Google Scholar
- 5.Schramm M, Selinger Z (1975) The functions of cyclic AMP and calcium as alternative second messengers in parotid gland and pancreas. J Cyc Nucl Res 1: 181–192Google Scholar
- 6.Batzri S, Selinger Z, Schramm M, Robinovitch MR (1973) Potassium release mediated by the epinephrine α-receptor in rat parotid slices. J Biol Chem 248: 361–368Google Scholar
- 7.Schramm M, Selinger Z (1974) Advances in cytopharmacology, vol 2. Raven Press, New York, pp 29–32Google Scholar
- 8.Ekstöm J (1980) Sensitization of the rat parotid gland to secretagogues following either parasympathetic denervation or sympathetic denervation or decentralisation. Acta Physiol Scand 108: 253–261Google Scholar
- 9.Selinger Z, Eimerl S, Schramm M (1974) A calcium ionophore stimulating the action of epinephrine on the α-adrenergic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 71: 128Google Scholar
- 10.Terasaki WL, Brooker G, de Vellis J, Inglish D, Chung-Yi Hsu, Moylan RD (1978) Involvement of cyclic AMP and protein synthesis in catecholamine refractoriness. Adv Cyc Nucl Res 9: 33–52Google Scholar