Correlation between point load index and compressive strength for quartzite rocks
- 292 Downloads
The relationship of the point load test with uniaxial compressive strength was examined using quartzite rocks to substantiate the existing correlations.
KeywordsPoint load text compressive strength quartzite rocks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bieniawski, Z.T. (1975) Point load test in geotechnical practice, Engineering Geology, 9(1), 1–11.Google Scholar
- Broch, E. and Franklin, J.A. (1972) Point load strength test, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 9(6), 669–97.Google Scholar
- D'Andrea, D.V., Fisher, R.L. and Fogelson, D.E. (1964) Prediction of compression strength from other rock properties, Colorado School of Mines Quarterly, 59(4B), 623–40.Google Scholar
- Gunsallus, K.L. and Kulhawy, F.H. (1984) Comparative evaluation of rock strength measures, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. Geomech. Abstr., 2(5), 233–48.Google Scholar
- Hassani, F.P., Scoble, M.J. and Whittaker, B.N. (1980) Application of point load index test to strength determination of rock and proposals for new size correction chart, Proc. 21st Symp. Rock Mech., Rolla, pp. 543–64.Google Scholar
- ISRM (1981) Suggested method for determining the uniaxial compressive strength of rock materials, Rock Characterization, Testing and Monitoring (ISRM Suggested Methods), 113.Google Scholar
- ISRM (1985) Suggested method for determining point load strength, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. and Geomech. Abstr., 22(2), 51–60.Google Scholar
- Panek, L.A. and Fannon, T.A. (1992) Size and shape effects in point load tests of irregular rock fragments, Rock Mech. Rock Eng. 25, 109–40.Google Scholar
© Chapman & Hall 1993