New perspectives on lyophilized bone allografts
- 17 Downloads
In 1987, at the Congress of Implants in Otology in Venice, Italy, we first presented our experiences with stored lyophilized bone allografts for reconstruction of the tympano-ossicular chain. Since then, we have extended our experiences to include reconstruction of the external bony ear canal, the filling of defects in the mastoid bone, reconstructive nasal surgery and rehabilitation of major bony defects of the face. Additionally, we have tried to improve the preparation of the bony implants used clinically and have started a multicenter collaboration with other European universities.
Key wordLyophilized bone allografts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dubuc M, Urist MR (1967) The accessibility of the bone induction principle in surface decalcified bone implants. Clin Orthop 55:217–223Google Scholar
- 2.Gersdorff M, Maisin JP, Munting E (1986) Comparative study of the clinical results obtained by means of plastipore and ceramic ossicular prostheses and bone allografts. Am J Otol 7:294–297Google Scholar
- 3.Gersdorff M, Munting E, Maisin JP (1988) Bone allografts in reconstructive middle ear surgery. Proceedings of the Internal Symposium: Transplants and Implants in Otology, 6–9 April 1987, Venice, Italy. Kugler and Ghedini, Amsterdam Berkeley Milano, pp 129–133Google Scholar
- 4.Gersdorff M, Villain J, Maisin JP, Munting E, Delloye C (1989) Les allogreffes osseuses en chirurgie de l'oreille. Congrès de la Société Belge d'ORL, 27 February 1988. Acta ORL Belg (in press)Google Scholar
- 5.Glowacki J, Kaban LB, Murray JE, Folkman J, Mulliken J (1981) Application of the biological principle in induced osteogenesis for craniofacial defects. Lancet I:959Google Scholar
- 6.Holtrup ME, Cow KA, Glowacki J (1982) Cells of the mononuclear phagocytic system resorb implanted bone matrix. Calcif Tissue Int 34:488Google Scholar
- 7.Maisin JP, Munting E, Delloye C, Gersdorff M (1989) Les homogreffs osseuses lyophilisées dans la chirurgie de l'oreille moyenne: nouvelles perspectives. Rev Laryngol (in press)Google Scholar
- 8.Munting E, Wilmart JF, Wijne A, Hennebert P, Delloye C (1989) Influence of sterilization on osteoinductive capacity of demineralized bone in the rat. Acta Orthop Scand (in press)Google Scholar
- 9.Portmann M, Guerrier Y (1977) Traité de technique chirurgicale ORL et cervico-faciale. Masson, ParisGoogle Scholar
- 10.Reddi AH, Higgins CB (1973) Biochemical sequences in the transformation of normal fibroblasts in adolescent rats. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 69:1601–1605Google Scholar
- 11.Urist MR, Delanger RJ, Gam F (1983) Bone cell differentiation and growth factors. Science 220:680–689Google Scholar